Thursday, January 6, 2011

What I've Been Learning

So I have been learning new things as I go down this weight loss road, things that I always scoffed at when people recommended that I try these things when I have dieted/exercised in the past. I'll break it down into 3 points and then I'll tell you WHY it matters.

1.) Measurements are important

2.) Take pictures once a week

3.) The scale doesn't really matter


Point 1.

Ok, I never really measured my progress with my measuring tape before, I would always "forget" and then never really get around to it. This time when I got my DVD's in the mail, it said, take your before pics, measurements and weight. I didn't WANT to know how huge I had gotten, measuring myself meant I had to own up to it, but I sucked it up and did it. I plugged in the numbers online so I couldn't lose the paper, and I measure once a week. It's very important, and I'll stress this throughout the post, to measure because if you don't, and the scale doesn't budge you WILL get discouraged and you WILL quit. You will lose all your progress and have to start all over again. No one wants that.

Point 2

Take progress pics once a week, starting with your before and after pics. You don't have to show the whole world like me, just take your front, back and side pics, take new ones every week and compare them to each other, you will notice slight differences at first, and they will become more and more apparent as you keep working hard. This has been the BEST help for ~me~. Seeing the progress with your own eyes will keep you encouraged. When you start out fat, a lot of people have been telling you that "you look fine" so when they start to tell you that you are looking so good by losing weight it is sometimes hard to believe them because you "looked fine" before, but now you "look great"? Don't just take their word for it, take your pictures and you will see what everyone else sees.


Point 3


The Scale really doesn't matter! I have lost only 12 pounds since starting my weight loss and if I had only been looking at the scale to track my progress I would have quit by now. I've lost more just dieting. I lost 30 pound in one month of dieting, but I had no definition to my body. And I ended up quitting that too because, like I said earlier, I ignored the advice to take my measurements and take pictures. I didn't feel like I had made progress, and even though I had I couldn't see it myself so I didn't believe it.

Make Yourself Believe it by proving it to yourself with cold hard facts. Pictures and Measurements will keep you on track when you feel like giving up!

1 comment:

  1. i couldn't be a bigger fan of you!!! you are wonderful!!! so proud to have you on this team!!! :)

    ReplyDelete